Ahem. UUmmmm. Yesterday's post...
Well, a funny thing happened, ummmm, my alarm didn't go off this morning. I think my iphone is broken because it wouldn't have been my alarm setting abilities at fault here. Surely. I must write a letter to Apple complaining about that unreliable alarm function... yes, I must do that...
5.20am came and went so those exercise clothes remain unworn, mocking me whenever I lay eyes on them...
... oh, well, ready for tomorrow then (she says very noncommittally).
Blogthis has set the challenge to blog about 50 things, the topic is up to the blogger. So, here goes...
50 REASONS NOT TO GET UP AT 5.20AM AND EXERCISE
1. It's 5.20am, and that my friends is still night time.
2. It's dark. Another clue that it's still night and bed is where you should stay.
3. It's winter (too cold to get up).
4. If I were to get up Rod would lose valuable body warmth and surely get hypothermia. I'm sure I promised in my marriage vows something like 'Thou shall keep thine husband's bed warm...' or something... and I'm true to my word!
5. It's winter. Do I need a jumper? Yes, to start with I will, but then I'll get hot and have to take it off and where do I put it? Around my waist? Hold it in my hands? Maybe I should just suffer the cold at the beginning and walk till I'm warm, or... maybe I should just stay in bed.
6. It's summer (too hot) and I might break a sweat.
7. It's summer (too humid) and I might break a sweat.
8. Only skinny people wearing Lorna Jane coordinated outfits exercise in summer in Brisbane, I am not one of those people.
9. It's spring (too much pollen for us hayfever sufferers)
10. It's spring (MAGPIES! too scary)
11. It's spring (too many green shoots and flowers- I have to look at everything and HENCE walk too slow with constant stopping. Not a good workout, may as well stay in bed)
12. It's autumn. The season of my birthday and autumn is all about me so I stay in bed.
13. This one is actually one of the legitimate excuses I used this morning... I'm sick. Boo hoo. I completely lost my voice on saturday and it's still only trying to make a come back.
14. I have a cough.
15. I have a heavy (snotty) head.
16. As a result of #15, I have a sinus headache. (awwww, I'm a misery)
17. Every muscle aches, so why stress them out by moving them.
18. If the kids are still asleep, I should be too.
19. Allow me a little reverse of #18 by saying if the kids are awake at 5.20am- GO FOR A WALK! At least leave the house as predawn children are rarely pleasant.
20. My exercise clothes are dirty.
21. I can't find my exercise clothes... or, I can't remember where I hid them.
22. My exercise clothes are too small for me.... must have shrunk in the wash...
23. My exercise clothes don't like me.
24. I can only find one sock.
25. The dog ate it.
27. I said the dog ate it.
28. But you don't have a dog.
29. And good thing too! Maybe I should have done 50 reasons why I don't like dogs...
30. I did the gardening in my walking shoes and they're covered in mud and I just realised that and it's 10.30pm the night before my planned 5.20am start. Better just stay in bed.
31. I have a sore foot.
32. I have a sore leg.
33. I have a sore little finger.
34. Oh, and my elbow hurts.
35. There's always tomorrow.
36. I'll start this malarkey next week.
37. On monday. Start the week as I intend to finish it. Next monday it is then.
38. I'm trying to lose weight and muscle weighs more than fat so why would I want to build up my muscle?
39. I don't want to look like I'm on the Chinese swim team now do I. And a brisk morning walk can do that...
40. Don't want to.
41. Rather not.
42. Couldn't be bothered.
43. I get enough exercise chasing children and doing the housework....
44. Can't find my pedometer and knowing how many steps I've taken is an integral part of my training regime.
45. Can't find my hat and redheads should NEVER venture out of doors, winter or summer, without a hat.
46. First I need to locate that black hole and get back all the things I can't find... or tidy the house... one or the other, and I'm sure either would be brilliant exercise.
Yikes. So that's a good 50 reasons, however, I can also think of another 50 to GO for that walk. Not least that dawn is my favourite time of day, particularly a Brisbane winter dawn.
Any day now... when I get my health back... etc...